Friday, August 11, 2017

Trinity Alps, finding some balance


Trinity Lakes, CA was just the downtime we needed to reconnect, settle in and establish some healthy routines.  We are finally finding that rhythm Lance was looking for.  We eat when we're hungry, sleep when we're tired.  Work or play during reasonable hours.

We've exchanged helicopters for dragonflies
The Mini KAT burger shack onsite at the KOA at Trinity Lakes makes one of the best burgers I've ever had. Other than that, there's not much going on.  There's not really any shopping, no restaurants to negotiate for the night, no television.

I really don't miss the television at all.  Now that I look back on it, I marvel at all the hours we spent on it before. Reclaiming those hours means we cook at home more, the dog gets more walks, we get to know the neighborhood (I've met more people in the last few weeks than in months when I was a homeowner), we are viewing more sunsets, and we even got out and paddled on the lake the other day.

With better balance I find I am able to focus more on the task in front of me - whether it be client work, loving on the pets, or even a simple RV project. It's been a long time since I've felt this way, this realignment was way past due.

No comments:

Post a Comment