Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tiny House Living vs the Japanese Art of DeCluttering

So I've been immersing myself in episodes of Tiny House Nation, and reading Marie Kondo's "the Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing". Both of these have been helpful in my quest to sort through the clutter in our home and prepare for our new nomadic lifestyle.

In many cases the two agree. Sometimes, not so much.
Take the pretty shoes, for example.

I'm more or less always a tomboy and usually live in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt, but now and then pretty shoes and a simple black dress set the right tone for a night out.

Tiny House Nation would say - they only do ONE thing, and in a space-conscious home they must do at least two things to be considered. Do you really use them often enough to justify the space?

The Japanese method would be to hold them and really consider them, and if they bring joy, then keep them.

The truth is that I feel invincible and downright SEXY in my pretty shoes.
Wait.  Invincible, sexy, that's two things, AND they bring me joy; we have consensus. The pretty shoes are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment